When July brings record breaking heat, head your kids inside, crank the A.C. and enjoy this pajama inspired Dandelion Day! Also good for gloomy weather and little ones not feeling well or just playing hooky… go get comfy!
- Comfy Cozy PJs
- Your softest blankets and fluffiest pillows
- Little One’s Lovey
- French Toast for Breakfast! Try experimenting with different breads to make your toast- classic french, brioche, raisin cinnamon, etc. Safeway makes a special french toast bread that my husband uses. It tastes almost custardy and makes perfect french toast every time.
- Egg-in-a-Basket for Lunch! Use a water glass to cut a circle out of the center of a slice of sandwich bread. Butter both sides of the bread and place in a heated pan on the stove. Crack an egg into the hole in the bread. Cook about 3 minutes each side or until egg is cooked through and bread is toasted. Yummy!
- Breakfast for Dinner! Set up an omelet bar – this is a great way to get rid of some leftovers. Set out leftovers and other omelet toppings (cheese, ham, sprouts, frozen hashbrowns, etc) and give each child a plastic baggy to place their chosen toppings in. Crack and egg or two into each baggy, seal, shake and drop into a pot of boiling water. The eggs will cook perfectly and nobody complains!
- Build a fort with pillows, blankets and the living room furniture. This is headquarters for the day.
- Read Dr. Seuss’s I Am Not Going to Get Up Today!
- End the day cuddling on the couch, or in your fort, and watching a movie. Try Animal Planet’s Growing Up Arctic and Growing Up Wildcats. Nothing is cuter than baby animals. Except your baby, of course. 😉
Have a Dandelion Day!
Stephanie – Dandelion Momma